Sunday, November 27, 2016

This past week being back

So I've only been back for 4 days since my sickness and it's the thanksgiving holidays.  We managed to get quite a bit done thought! I'm going to have to start lining up the next round of instructional videos already! 
(Kindergarten is creating their "Only One You" Cut paper fish to the left)


 My 4th grade's been done their pumpkins where we learned about creating space and form in a picture and using values again to blend.  We are now creating prints using the changing properties of wax.  We observed the natural radial symmetry of snowflakes by looking at photographs of real snowflakes and the geometric shapes of the ice crystals.  They created their own unique snowflake and used cool or warm colors to color in around the white....BUT we colored on sandpaper! After they were finished, they brought their pieces up to me and I let them watch as I used an iron to melt the wax onto a black paper.  We will be pulling several prints, so I hope to take photos of more of the process next week - just wasn't up to it right now!



My first grade students are finally all finished their organic, symmetrical fall tree scenes!!  Got the labels and mats done JUST in time to leave today, so I can hang them next week. We are beginning out painted paper cactus pictures in a few of the classes already.

   Second grade is also doing a radial symmetry project with snowflakes. (Can you tell I had to make stuff for our Winter Wonderland show at Annapolis Mall?!)  We used block printing techniques though using foam printing plates and they are just starting their practice prints now. A few classes will start colored paper prints next week.


A few more of the 5th grade crayons - my poor friday class that's so behind everyone else!  They won't get to put the finishing touch of glaze on for another 2 weeks!!

Oh and this is Turkey-Tron. He apparently, according to my second grade friend, wished everyone a Happy Thanksgiving.



No comments:

Post a Comment